Tipping Advice In Hyderabad
- Majority of restaurants or hotels will have service charges included in the bill amount. However, the service charge does not necessarily go into the pockets of the waiter or waiters. It is a general charge for the overall service of the hotel. Therefore, if you think that you should tip your waiter separately for the excellent service that you received, you can leave a small amount of money on the table.
- While checking in and out of a hotel, you generally need someone to help you with the luggage. In this case, you may pay Rs.20-25 to the person for carrying your bags. If you do not want any service, do not allow anyone to carry your luggage.
- For most part of the time, you may need a guide in most of the tourist places. Tipping the guides at the end of their service is usual. A tip of Rs.100/- or 200/- per day is advisable.
- If you are hiring a cab and you liked the service of the driver, you may tip him. This can be either done by paying him more cash explicitly or just by asking him to ‘keep the change’.
- Tipping attendants for room service is also common in almost all big and small hotels. You can pay a sum of Rs.150/- to Rs 200/- as a tip.
- In railway stations and airports, you may need the help of porters to tote you luggage around. You may have to bargain for lesser rates with porters as they may charge exorbitant rates initially. So, brush up on your bargaining skills and be wary of swindlers.
- In most big hotels, you are sure to come across the hotel maids. You may also tip them, if you like.
- You are sure to find some excellent service in small hotels or roadside dhabas. They are warm and friendly and there is every reason to tip them. Normally, the staff is more than happy if you say ‘thank you’ or ‘very good’ for their service, but tipping generally makes them happier. These places are normally very decently priced and have no service charges added in the bill; all the more reason to tip if you really liked the food. Once again, tipping is not compulsory. You may tip only if you appreciate their service.